Please Support “The Swifts” – Wyncote Audubon’s Birdathon Team!
What is a Birdathon?
A Birdathon is a fun and friendly competition. Teams of birding enthusiasts canvass a specific geographic area to identify as many bird species as possible within a two-day time period in May. Teams use a checklist to record their sightings. Following the event, teams’ lists are compiled both by species and by locations. Winning teams find the most bird species.
When is Wyncote Audubon’s Birdathon team competing?
Each year in May for two grueling days. Why support your Wyncote Audubon Birdathon team? Birdathon is the Audubon way to help protect Pennsylvania’s native birds. As happens with a walk-a-thon or charity race, Birdathon participants or “Birdathoners,” collect pledges from friends, family members, and coworkers to support conservation initiatives. It’s a competitive and educational event for all levels of birdwatchers, as well as for the family and friends who cheer them on!
You can participate simply by making a Birdathon donation!
Please help your Wyncote Audubon Swifts Team raise funds to support Bird Safe Philly! With your support, Wyncote Audubon will:
- Provide our Audubon Adventures Schools and Clubs with the special edition of the Audubon Adventures “Bird Safe” issue for young people to take action to prevent bird collisions.
- Support the Fresh Artists/Bird Safe Philly Project student art display at the Philadelphia Flower Show.
- Engage and educate more property owners to take measures to prevent bird collisions at home and work.
- Increase participation in the Philly Lights Out initiative during spring and fall migration periods.
- Recruit, train and support volunteers to participate in community monitoring, especially during spring and fall migration periods.
- Support the effort to expand Bird Safe Philly across our region through collaborative planning, cooperative action, and community engagement.